Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Frederick Solicitors is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our employees, eliminating unlawful discrimination. We pledge to provide a safe space for diverse voices to be heard and lived experiences to be shared.
The aim is for our employees, to be truly representative of all sections of society and our clients, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best to fulfil their potential.
The Firm in providing services is also committed against unlawful discrimination of clients or the public.
The policy’s purpose is to:
- provide equality, fairness and respect for all who work for Frederick Solicitors, whether as directors, and employees
- not unlawfully discriminate because of the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation;
- oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in terms and conditions of dealing with grievances and discipline, training or other developmental opportunities.
The Firm commits to:
- Encourage equality, diversity and inclusion as they are good practice;
- Create an environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all are recognised and valued.
This commitment includes training employees, about their rights and responsibilities under the equality, diversity and inclusion policy. Responsibilities include employees, conducting themselves to help the firm provide equal opportunities, and prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination.
Creating opportunities for training, development and progress available to all employees, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential, so their talents and resources can be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the firm.
Reviewing practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness, and also update them and the policy to take account of changes in the law.
Assessing how the equality, diversity and inclusion policy, and any supporting action plan, are working in practice, reviewing them annually, and considering and taking action to address any issues.